Thursday, April 23, 2009

CTS 844: Stone Mountain or bust, part 3 (N. Clarendon-Clarkston)

CLARKSTON, Ga. -- After a decent recon of the PATH on the way back from my run around Stone Mountain on Wednesday, I felt like I could go back and knock out another segment of the Atlanta-Stone Mountain PATH.

I parked in Clarkston and made my way on the local roads toward North Clarendon Road, where I left off a few months ago. (Here are my previous entries on the Stone Mountain PATH, including today's post).

It was an ok run, only a couple hills. Between Milepost 12 and Glendale Road is probably the worst condition of the PATH that you'll see on the entire trail. It's a bunch of gnarled asphalt.

Someone crashed into the PATH stop sign on the southwest corner of the North Decatur/Church Street intersection.

I made my way to North Clarkston and came back. I ran forward to the entrance of the English Oaks apartments on Church Street and came back to give me a 5.5-mile run.

Time: 10:15 a.m.
Temp: 70 degrees
Gear: SST (Hawks/Shock), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D2.

No comments: