Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CTS 842: Silver Comet (Hiram to memorial and beyond)

HIRAM, Ga. -- I lost a frisbee golf frisbee at Deer Lick Park yesterday so I had to get it. After I retrieved it I wanted to try out another frisbee golf course in Dallas, Ga. and saw that the Silver Comet trail was nearby.

So in between courses, I stopped at the Hiram parking lot and ran six miles. I didn't want to run much more than that because of my long run yesterday.

It was super nice and calm. Maybe one runner going westbound as I was coming back in. A few riders.

After about 2.3-2.4 miles from the Hiram parking lot is the Jennifer Ewing memorial for the cyclist killed in 2006. I had covered this story for my news organization and I thought it would give me chills going back.

But it didn't. The thing that seemed so odd to me is that this area is not as remote as I, a person who had never been on the Silver Comet at the time, thought it was originally.

Just a truly senseless thing.

Time: 1 p.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: SST (Ketchikan), Nike shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D2.

No comments: