Thursday, April 2, 2009

CTS 823: Bragging rights

Today the weather was perfect for running -- kinda misty, kinda cool. I went out and cut it short because my right knee felt banged up and I didn't want to push it.

Today at work a colleague who didn't run in this year's half-marathon asked me how it went. He asked my time and mentioned that he ran the course a minute earlier when he ran it last year.

I had to point out that my time when we both ran the course two years ago still was more than two minutes faster than that.

I'm pretty sure had we both been running in this version of the race and I saw him, that minute lead would have dwindled to nothing. I guess I'm competitive like that.

But it's fair to say this year I won -- he DNP. Last year he won -- I DNP. Two years ago, I smoked him by 17 minutes.

Truth is I am happy I just did the race. Maybe I should train harder to be able to run the half in the same time that I would a 5K or 10K.

But I just like running. It's not the time that matters.

No comments: