Thursday, April 9, 2009

CTS 830: Wanted it to be an easy day...

I thought today would be a slow day but like in the Big Lebowski, this aggression won't stand.

Some guy passed me as I was casually going down Orme and while he took a few steps ahead I gauged his ability to run: the love handles under his shirt, slight calf muscles.

So when the hill to Monroe came, I put it in second gear and dusted him and kept it up to the park.

At the park I made my way up the Middle Earth steps and for the first time since the construction accident at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, made my way through there. Looks like they've put in a really cool car bridge.

Then I came down Piedmont and onto Morningside and back to Highland.

Didn't want to run that hard (the last part of the run is all uphill) but was glad I could do it.

Time: 11:45 a.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: SST (Race for Research), shorts, AP/D2.

No comments: