Sunday, April 5, 2009

CTS 826: Effortless effort

I'm liking my daily 3+ mile runs down around the park and back up again. It's strange since normally i don't like being repetitive in routes but this gives me a kind of consistency for easy days.

I also like it when I'm able to piggy back my bike commute. I learned in the Competitive Runner's Handbook by Bob Glover that the time spent in other activities like cycling should count as an alternate means of miles.

That is, I don't count them toward my weekly running mileage but know that I've done the equivalent of extra running miles via walking or cycling.

Today's run was pretty much effortless. These are the kinds of runs you always want to have. The focus is good, the legs are good, the breathing is good and the time just goes by.

The one drawback was that when I started out this morning it almost seemed like it was going to be too hot to run. Turned out perfect.

No comments: