Wednesday, April 22, 2009

CTS 843: Stone Mountain Cherokee Trail

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- It's been a while since I've worn my trail running shoes.

About a month ago, I walked the Cherokee Trail with a friend and wanted to come back.

Wow. Even with minimal elevation, it is hard work! There are plenty of roots and rocks to dodge on the trail. Trail running shoes are like armored running shoes -- it would have been unpleasant to step on some of the pointy rocks and roots along the way.

Still, it's a pretty beautiful run- you run next to the mountain, alongside a lake.

Maybe not something I'll do all the time but I'm glad it's here and close to where I live.

I drove back along E. Ponce de Leon and was able to scout out the Atlanta-Stone Mountain PATH. I think I might try to knock the rest of this trail out in the near future.

Time: 10:15 a.m.
Temp: 68 degrees
Gear: SST (Georgia Tech), shorts, Adidas Torsion trail running shoes

No comments: