Monday, April 20, 2009

CTS 841: Silver Comet (Mableton to Powder Springs)

MABLETON, Ga. -- I've tried to make a point of doing a long run during my days off so today I returned to the Silver Comet Trail, picking up near where I left off last time in Mableton.

I Googled the directions for the Silver Comet Depot Bicycle Shop. There's a nice parking lot there so I parked there and headed up the trail.

Really pretty canopy of trees that nearly seem endless. After a few miles there's a pedestrian bridge you go over.

I could feel my right knee at the start of the run but my legs were in a pretty good rhythm not feeling any kind of pain later on.

I made the parking lot near Powder Springs then turned around and headed back. I liked that out that way there were only cyclists and no runners.

Time: 5 p.m.
Temp: 72 degrees
Gear: SST (Race for Research), shorts (ING half marathon), Nike Air Pegasus/D2.

No comments: