Monday, April 9, 2007

Kitty needs a new pair of shoes

During my short Easter run yesterday I wondered whether my shoes have actually met the end of their lifespan. It's a possibility, as I've logged more than 460 miles in them at this point and likely have walked a few dozen more in them.

(I generally rotate them out between 400 and 500 miles, unless I accidentally damage them, like I did to my other pair in December).

I'm hoping Phidippides still has the same style of Air Pegs that I've been using. That may be my run today, to go down there and check things out. I've worn Air Pegs since they discontinued the old Air Max Triax style, although I think I've run on some Air International Max styles (similar to the AMT) in between.

My first pair of running shoes were these anonymous gray Nike waffle trainers in high school. I went to New Balance and flashy Sauconys later, and continued to wear them when I was in Japan.

The Air Pegs are dependable workhorses. I keep a retired pair at work and another one at home- they make great bumming-around sneaks. During the move in February, I donated my old Air Max Triaxes, including the ones I used in the Portland Marathon and the Hood to Coast relay. It was time to let them go.

K-Rose says that I am too brand conscious. I think it's easy for her to say, since when you're 22 and look like a model, you can say/wear anything you want. LOL.

No comments: