Saturday, April 14, 2007

Kitty in the rain

After the Thrashers playoff game, the ground was totally soaked with a light rain that made me miss my former life in the Pacific Northwest.

I had to go running.

I had a quick dinner at Las Palmeras and then bowed out to get home and change. It wasn't too long before I was on the road with my new Air Pegs, a sturdy pair of shorts with reflectors and my inSport windbreaker.

It was a little too hot for the windbreaker but late in the run I appreciated having the extra shell. There are very few running jackets that keep the water out but it was fine. I was happy that I had a run longer than a mile or so -- it was the first time in a while that my right foot didn't telegraph to me pain from being bundled up in a brand new, inflexible shoe.

The shoes went in puddles, splashing water all over the place. They had to get muddy eventually, right?

It was great fun. Can't wait for the next date with precipitation.

No comments: