Friday, January 16, 2009

CTS 747: Still cold

Even waiting as long as I could today, I couldn't escape the cold weather. Another 25 degree run.

Thankfully I had experience from the other day. I made some changes -- I wore a Novarra skullcap that I bought for biking to work -- it has ear covers.

I also wore my old North Face Ultrawick running pants. They are a lot better for warmth than the Nike pants I wore the other day.

Just under a mile into the run, I warmed up enough to take off one of my gloves. I just pulled the sleeves over it. I kept the other glove on because the GPS watch is so big it's hard to pull the sleeves over it.

I did feel pretty warm -- next time I may experiment with a CFLST instead of the Ultrawick middle layer.

Time: 12:10 p.m.
Temp: 25 degrees
Gear: windbreaker, North Face Ultrawick middle layer, SST (El Paso), North Face Ultrawick running pants, Nike Thermafit gloves, Novarra skullcap, hat, AP/D1.

No comments: