Sunday, January 11, 2009

CTS 742: Back to the park

This morning I dutifully got up and made my way to, and around, Piedmont Park. It's a nice run for Sunday morning because not many people are up and about in the morning, unlike Saturday mornings when you get all kinds of weekend warriors mulling about.

I was pretty happy with my overall speed, especially at the part of the park I call the Middle Earth stairs, just old stone stairs that go up near the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

I looped back by my old place on Argonne Avenue and back to 8th Street where I passed by the high school and through the Midtown strip mall before going back on Virginia.

I used to really hate running up the Virginia Avenue hill, but I like it now that my speed and leg strength is pretty close to racing form. I know these paces don't mean anything but I was hitting 7:13 up it.

I could see my breath coming back when I was running up the hill. I think this is the coldest day (41 degrees) that I've run in a while.

I've seen some posted routes by other people on MapMyRun.com and I'm hoping to just extend my old routes, like my Emory route, for more distance.

Time: 9 a.m.
Temp: 41 degrees
Gear: CFLST (Williams' Walk and Run), SST (Gold Coast), shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: