Sunday, January 4, 2009

CTS 735: A watched pot

Today I got up a little earlier than usual and headed out with a lap around Piedmont Park (including a stop over a the dog park) and added some extra segments in my 'hood to make it an even 4 miles.

Although I like the convenience of the Garmin GPS watch, I find I am constantly looking at it to find out how far I've gone and what pace I'm running. Of course, it becomes like a watched pot and I feel like I don't get anywhere.

Maybe I need to put a piece of tape over the distance part and just look at it when I get home.

I was pleased at my acceleration on the sets of stairs at Piedmont Park and the hills. My pace feels pretty leisurely; according to the watch, it's just slow. lol

Time: 9:45 a.m.
Temp: 57 degrees
Gear: SST (Las Vegas), shorts, AP/D1.

No comments: