Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 2,614: Entered the lottery for the Marine Corps Marathon

Today I entered the lottery for the Oct. 26 Marine Corps Marathon. It was the wife who suggested I use my summer/fall marathon training for a marathon that I could try for a good race time for and then to just enjoy running in the Dec. 14 Honolulu Marathon.

It makes sense, as the Hawaii race is hot and humid and has a large crowd of slower runners/walkers.

I won't know until March 19 whether I will be in the race. If I'm not selected, I still have the option to enter the lottery for the Oct. 12 Bank of America Chicago Marathon (lottery period ends April 7).

If I get into the Marine Corps Marathon, Week 1 of my training period would start on June 23.

So far with one month of the half-marathon training under my belt, I feel like I've been able to follow it pretty well. I've enjoyed running the extra miles, although it's made me really think about different routes and it's a little insane to think about the overall mileage (I'll have about 175 miles by the end of this month).

No comments: