Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 2,594: Captured on YouTube!

Two months ago I went out for a light run on the Beltline and to buy some food at Trader Joe's. At the Virginia Avenue overpass there was a film crew from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. They told me the agency was going to give the city an award for creating this unique corridor and asked me if I would talk about how I use it.

So I did. After many years of interviewing people, it was a lot harder to talk on the fly. They also took video of me pushing the stroller along the Beltline. We continued along our route and then came back to Trader Joe's for our groceries. When we went back on the Beltline, they were there and filmed even more of our run.

Today I received an email about the award and sure enough, there was the YouTube video. It was kind of novel to see myself back at that day. They used just a snippet of the interview, but that was good enough for me!


No comments: