Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 2,604: 12-mile run

Two weeks earlier after I ran my first 12-mile run (that wasn't in a race) in recent memory, I really felt it. I was super drained afterward, and it felt a lot like I had run in a half-marathon.

Today the same distance was on the schedule. Instead of running along the hilly PATH trail into Decatur (and along the hills back home along Ponce de Leon Avenue) I followed the Publix Georgia Half Marathon route into the city.

Incidentally, that route was part of my query to a European dude later on.

I'd just made my turnaround and was back on Marietta Avenue when I got passed by the dude. I followed cautiously, telling myself not to break pace to try and pass the guy, who was wearing one of the Atlanta Half Marathon finisher's shirts from the past few years.

But after going for a bit it seemed that he wasn't really going that much faster. So I increased my speed and when I went by him, I asked, "Are you doing the Thanksgiving half-marathon route or the ING?"

When he said, "Neither, I'm doing my own route," I wished him well and then gradually stepped it up and passed him.

I felt pretty good and was a little relieved when I was passing Bobby Dodd Stadium and knew he wasn't following me.

My split data shows that for mile 9, I ran it in 7:38! lol

Anyway, after coming home, I felt pretty good the rest of the day, not being too sore from the run.

Time: 8:34 a.m.
Temp: 36 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long x2 (took one off before the return trip), Nike windbreaker (took it off mid-run), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: