Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 2,589: 12-mile run

Today was time for a 12-mile run, something I hadn't done in a long time. Because I had a geocache near the Avondale station that needed maintenance, I decided I would connect with the Atlanta-to-
Stone Mountain PATH trail in my neighborhood and work my way over.

I was pretty amazed how long it had been since I'd run this section of the PATH trail, mainly because of how hilly it was!

I reached Avondale station after 6.5 miles of running. Because of that (and knowing I didn't want to have to run up some of the huge hills I'd run down on the way into Decatur) I decided to shorten my route and run back along Ponce de Leon.

After about 6.5 miles I felt hungry, as I'm sure I'd burned off the half peanut butter and guava jelly sandwich I had before the run, but I didn't break into my bags of Sport Beans or GU that I had with me. At about mile 8 I felt fine.

I was pretty pleased with the data, as it showed that I steadily got faster from mile 1 to 12 and I was happy that I didn't run too much over 12 miles to get back home.

Time: 8:48 a.m.
Temp: 48 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long (Atlanta 10-miler), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: