Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 2,597: 10.81 miles

There were a bunch of geocaches downtown that I hadn't gotten to so today for my 10-mile long run I decided I would run downtown and go get them.

It's kind of a novel way to create a running route because it adds variety and you definitely see things you might not on your regular routes.

I went as far south as just south of I-20 and then made my way back to Memorial and past the state capitol. Then I did a short tour of the building that houses the Western & Atlantic Railroad's zero marker and a short stop of the Georgia State campus before finding my final cache at the Sweet Auburn Curb Market.

Then I ran up Auburn Avenue, like you do in the Publix Georgia Half Marathon and Marathon. Only thing was the street is still cut up from the trolley construction under the Interstate 75/85 overpass so I am wondering if they will have to change the course since the race is only about six weeks away.

On Auburn Avenue I passed the graves of Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King. This street is one of my favorite places to run in the city.

I came back along the PATH trail from Boulevard and let myself pick up the pace a little the last 2.8 miles.

Time: 9:19 a.m.
Temp: 40-45 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long (Big Peach 5-Miler), Nike windbreaker (went around my waist at about 1.3 miles), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: