Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 2,592: 4 x 1.5 mile intervals

Today's run was a little different, in that I didn't stay in Piedmont Park for this workout except for the very last interval.

The run took me along the streets to Atlantic Station and back. And like my 6-mile tempo run on Jan. 23, it involved the stroller.

I don't mind doing these workouts with the little one since I just estimate the weight of the stroller (about 25 pounds) and the weight of the little one (about the same) and then just multiply that by 2 seconds. That's the amount of time per mile I would be slower than normal.

The workout was to be 4 x 1.5 mile intervals with a half mile rest distance in between. Somehow I didn't save the right rest distance so the watch only let me rest for a quarter-mile instead. It ended up being ok.

Despite having run crazy distances the last few weeks (33+ miles two weeks ago, 43+ miles last week), I haven't felt too bad during these runs/workouts. The last 3 days I've run more than 25 miles.

Near the last interval my left knee felt a little banged up but feels fine now.

Time: 8:18 a.m.
Temp: 45 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, long, Nike windbreaker, shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: