Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 2,606: 2 x 3-mile intervals

If today was a normal run, I probably wouldn't note it here. But the night before I went to bed with chills and a slight fever. I wasn't even sure if I would do a mile today.

But today was my first 2 x 3-mile strength intervals on the schedule (1/2 mile recovery). I set out thinking I would at least see how I was before trimming off the run.

It turned out I was able to do the run. I was a little surprised. I didn't try to run faster than my 1/2 mile recovery splits but the data ultimately shows that I did. Halfway through the run I had some gastrointestinal issues and I was trying to figure out where in Atlantic Station to dip into a restroom.

Eventually, I made my way to the IKEA and felt a lot better, although I was dehydrated on the way back (even though I drank water from a fountain there).

I don't know if I really needed to run 7.78 miles total today. In the middle of the run I thought that a day like this would really tell me what I was made of. I think ultimately I was hoping I was less sick than I was but at least another training run was accomplished.

Time: 9:19 a.m.
Temp: 45 degrees
Gear: T-shirt, short, Nike windbreaker, shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: