Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 2,598: I signed up for the Charles Harris 10K

Today I popped into the Big Peach store in Brookhaven and signed up for the Charles Harris 10K. The downhill course is popular with people -- including myself -- who want to have a fast qualifying time for the Peachtree Road Race.

This will be my fourth running of the race ... if I run in it. Last year I signed up but decided at the last minute not to race in it.

The qualifying times may change but for 2013, 47:59 was the cut-off to get into Group A of the city's most famous 10K race.

Hopefully I have history on my side. Two of the three times I've run in this race I've run the course fast enough to qualify -- 47:57 during my first time in 2004 and 46:29 in 2011, which bested a PR that I had for 12 years.

If anything, I hope my training will be peaking at the right time. I've been running lots of miles and have added strength and tempo runs as part of my training for the March 23 Publix Georgia Half Marathon.

So with less than two weeks to go, I guess we will see what happens ...

No comments: