Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 1,366: Trouble at Tabby Crossing

On the Summerfest 5K route (and the ING Georgia Marathon route) I call an intersection "Tabby Crossing" after seeing a tabby cat cross there once.

Today, when I was running the Summerfest route, there was big trouble at Tabby Crossing! I saw a bunch of people dressed up in SWAT gear and I passed by a guy in a business suit with a black bulletproof vest marked "Police".

The several semi-trailers plus assorted wires and lights meant that it was some kind of filming for a show. As I ran up Stillwood, just past the Mile 20 marker for the Georgia Marathon, I confirmed this with an actual Atlanta police motorcycle officer. He didn't know what TV show it was for, though.

It's always interesting to see how your regular route changes from day to day.

Time: 9:30 a.m.
Temp: ??
Gear: CFSST (Charles Harris '09), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/C.

No comments: