Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 1,362: Virgin London Marathon notification nears, a 1-mile race

Today I received an e-mail from the Virgin London Marathon saying in a week's time "accepted" and "rejected" notifications for entry into the April 2011 race will be sent via mail.

Very suspenseful but it's very unlikely I'll be accepted -- only 1,000 overseas entries will be taken.

-------

In other news, I think I'll sign up for the Oct. 24 Morningside Mile race, mainly because it's $20 to enter and they offer up a technical T-shirt! I've never run just a single mile in a real race format, although in cross country in high school I remember us doing a mile to see how fast we could go. I think my mile was in the 6-minute range.

Interestingly enough, there's another 1-mile race tomorrow in Midtown Atlanta -- the Midtown Mile Road Race. It used to be you'd never hear of races of this distance and now there's two!

Would also be interesting but I'm signed up for the Doug Kessler Lightning 10K in Sandy Springs.

Today's run was a very pleasant course around Piedmont Park. 70 degrees is pretty wonderful for a run.

Time: 7:30 a.m.
Temp: 70 degrees
Gear: CFSST (N. Carolina), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/C.

No comments: