Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 1,349: Last of the 20s

This morning I got up and out a little later than I normally have. The Hammer of Dawn was completely out of charge and I contemplated not doing the long run until Saturday when I discovered my Garmin Forerunner 405 that the factory sent me to replace my previous one had 54 percent charge.

I headed down the way. It was pretty cool out. No FOX News truck that was out at the 17th Street bridge like last week.

I made the Atlantic Station turnaround and headed up Peachtree. Like last week, the cooler temperature meant I didn't get into my Gatorade mix until about 6.8 miles. I drank half of it there and then another quarter at my building at about 8 miles and then continued on and did the Georgia State loop and drank the rest when I returned to the building at 9.34 miles.

I probably drank another bottle of water as I changed my shirt. Ate another GU pack (Blackberry, which isn't as good as TriBerry) then headed on my way.

Along Marietta Street, I didn't realize my Forerunner wasn't on for about three-tenths of a mile.

At 5th Street and Spring I drank some of my water as I waited at a long stoplight. Near the half-marathon mark by the HIGH Museum of Art, I ate a small sample bag of Sport Beans.

I was pretty dehydrated when I stopped at the grocery store in Atlantic Station, drank another bottle of water here.

Usually at this point I'm pretty psyched about finishing the run, because a lot of it is downhill.

I entered the park and decided this time to not use the restrooms by the dog park. It didn't take me long to convince myself that I needed to, about at 18.6 miles. Thankfully they have many restrooms in the park!

I was dragging at this point but happy that I only had less than 1.5 miles to go.

This run seemed harder than the last but I wasn't nearly as sore as the first time I did a 20-miler. I'll just have to focus on good running in the remaining days before the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.

But for now, I'm thankful to taper.

Time: 6:20 a.m.
Temp: ??
Gear: CFSST (Cherry Blossom), SST (Inman Middle School 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26/C.

No comments: