Tuesday, January 19, 2010

CTS 1,115: A dead iPod

Today before my run I noticed my second-generation iPod Shuffle that I've used since March 2007 before the inaugural ING Georgia half-marathon didn't want to work. It wouldn't charge and it wouldn't turn on.

So I looked around online -- that variant of the shuffle is older technology as there's a third-generation one out there. I could find some second generation ones but I definitely wouldn't get them in time for my trip next week.

So I hoofed it out to Best Buy and bought a 2GB third-generation shuffle, something to use for the time being. I really felt like I had a hard time running today.

Only thing is the headphones also are the control for the device and the remote is right by your cheek. I might have to just wear it in one ear while running.

I can't imagine it will be too long before I buy a trusty, dependable second-generation iPod shuffle. Apple really did runners a disservice by going to the third-gen.

Time: 2 p.m.
Temp: 60 degrees
Gear: SST (Carolina, gray), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D5.

No comments: