Friday, January 1, 2010

CTS 1,097: First run of the year

Today I went on a long run, mainly because I had nearly 12 miles to do in the next two days to make 30 for the week.

So I did my pick-and-choose course of the ING Georgia Half-Marathon route. It was a pretty pleasant day to do it.

Of course along the more popular parts of the route, two dudes tried to pass me -- one on Virginia Avenue into Piedmont Park and another right before going up the Euclid Avenue hill into Little Five Points.

My thought is this -- if you're going to try to pass someone, you need a little panache. Don't pass the person on the same side of the street, for starters. It also helps to monitor the other person's running for a while to see if you can actually do it.

And, in the case of the Euclid Avenue dude, even if you look like you can pass someone, don't do it pulling two dogs. Because the passee might just turn it on up the entire hill knowing that your dogs aren't built for that kind of pain.

Time: 10 a.m.
Temp: 38 degrees
Gear: CFLST ('09 Atlanta half marathon), SST (Carolina-gray), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D5.

No comments: