Monday, January 18, 2010

CTS 1,114 Enjoying the weather

The last few days, in comparison with the cold out, have been wonderful. Yesterday I ran 11.22 miles -- with a break at Zucca's in Decatur Square. It was warm enough for just a T-shirt and shorts -- there was a threat of rain but I was glad that I didn't bring a windbreaker.

It was 57 degrees -- a pretty nice temperature for January.

I took the long way there -- 6.86 miles along the ING Georgia Marathon course. The last time I ran it the sidewalks were icy and having to be careful was pretty unpleasant and exhausting.

This time running along College Avenue it was a course of rolling hills. Not too bad if you're trying to break down a marathon course.

Today I ran out to the new Bakeshop on Peachtree and the run was pretty pleasant. Ran back with a jar of carrot cake and, unlike one of my recent IKEA runs, I didn't even drop my cargo.

No comments: