Monday, June 1, 2009

CTS 883: Decatur Square

This afternoon I knew I wanted to try for a long run. I thought about a lot of options but one had stuck in my mind for a while -- a run to Decatur.

The last time I ran there was April 22, 2008 and it was an extremely hard run because of the huge rolling hills in between where I live and there.

Also, last week on one of the long runs I think I bruised part of my right foot near the ball. My solution for this was to start wearing my third pair of Nike Air Pegasus shoes (I think I own two more), to give my foot as much cushioning possible.

I had intended to do a long run yesterday (Middlebear) but cut it short after it started to hurt after 2 miles.

So I thought I would just try it and come back if I was in pain.

But no, I just ran straight there. I bought a huge Powerade and drank it in the square before returning.

This is one of those runs that gives me huge confidence in any kind of race I might find myself in, because it's a huge edge to know you won't be defeated by any kind of hill.

Time: 6 p.m.
Temp: 90 degrees
Gear: SST (Firecracker 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D3.

No comments: