Saturday, June 13, 2009

CTS 895: Middlebear hills

I got up too late to do the Army Hooah 10K race, although I didn't set an alarm clock to try to be down in College Park at 6 a.m.

I'd already pretty much hit my weekly mileage on Friday so if I happened to get up early, fine.

But I also liked the idea of sleeping in. When I got up, however, I did want to do a longer run -- so I did the Middlebear hills.

I carried a bottle of Gatorade and I think the difference in between this run and yesterday's run in which I didn't drink any of the 'ade was the intensity. The Middlebear hills are ferocious and I ended up drinking the entire bottle (half of it by the time I was near the Candler Park Market, where I usually pick up a bottle).

That said, I need to find a better way to carry it than the fanny pack that I use. It bounces too much, although it was a joy to run with it when it was empty and I'd already thrown away the bottle.

Time: 11 a.m.
Temp: 82 degrees
Gear: SST (Hillside 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D3.

No comments: