Wednesday, June 10, 2009

CTS 892: New strategies in the heat

Today I decided to run on one of my old routes, to the Kroger and Borders in Buckhead. It runs along the last part of the Peachtree 10K route, so I thought it would be a good practice.

I'm finding that I need water as early as 2 miles in. I reached the shopping center around 3 miles and was surprised I didn't drink a lot of water and Powerade.

I bought a big Powerade as a last thought and really did drink almost all of it on the way back.

I felt like my pace was pretty good up the long double/triple hill from the I-75/85 overpass up to 14th Street.

It's still miserable running in the heat but pretty nice knowing that Powerade is at your fingertips. I may start wearing a belt that carries a bottle of something.

Time: 11 a.m.
Temp: 86 degrees
Gear: SST (Ketchikan), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D3.

No comments: