Thursday, February 12, 2009

CTS 773: Not a nicer day in the universe

After a really difficult day yesterday I made my way down to the park and finally fell into a good rhythm.

The last two tenths of the stretch before the park there was this couple, complete with a stroller and dog. I crossed to the other side of the street as I am want to do.

Even though I previously had a faster pace than them, I could tell they were trying to run faster than me. But let's think about this: 1). a stroller 2). a dog. I got sick of listening to the lady talk aloud their social plans so I turned up the gas and entered the park on my own.

I made my way down to the dog park, something I used to do when I lived in this area but hadn't done recently. So I took my time looking at all of the dogs and enjoying a great breeze that has to make this one of the nicest days in the universe.

I came back along the opposite way (clockwise) than I normally run in the park. I was pretty slow but I don't want to push things if I am going to run in a 10K on Saturday.

Time: 2 p.m.
Temp: 62 degrees
Gear: SST (Carolina-dk blue), shorts, AP/D2.

No comments: