Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 2,647: Back on the Silver Comet

DALLAS, Ga. -- I don't know why I let months go by in between running in this very beautiful rails-to-trails area.

Today I had to maintain two of my geocaches so I packed up the stroller and the little one and we headed out here.

Weather was perfect -- about 50 degrees when we set out on the trail. The last time I was out on the trail was on July 15, when I did a little bit on the section in Powder Springs, again to geocache.

We headed west to replace one of my caches then went about .6 mile more to look for another one that we couldn't find. Then we turned around and headed the other way, where there was another cache of mine that I thought was missing (it was there) and a few newer caches for me to find.

There were walkers and bikers and pretty much everyone was friendly. The little one would say "Hi!" to them as soon as they were within sight.

On the way back near the Rambo Trailhead there was a small white object headed toward us. It was one of those small smart cars.

Surely, I thought, no one would be foolish to drive a motor vehicle on this trail. It turned out it was from the local sheriff's office. It's always good to see these areas patrolled as well.

I waved and soon we were back at the trailhead. We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Hiram and it marked an excellent way to take advantage of spring's wonderful weather.

Time: 10:20 a.m.
Temp: 50 degrees
Gear: Techincal T-shirt, long (Big Peach 5 Miler), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30/A.

No comments: