Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 2,631: St. Patrick's Day 5K

For the first time, this race that previously was held in the Virginia-Highland neighborhood was moved to beautiful Piedmont Park.

Before I started my half-marathon training several weeks ago I had this race on my list because this is a course that I have run really fast times in the past.

This morning we saw the many runners waiting for the gun to go off along what is a pretty narrow stretch of road in the park and I had a feeling I would not have a fast first mile that I was hoping for.

Plus I really didn't feel too motivated to run fast.

The start came and it was pretty congested. I didn't really feel too much like accelerating until about halfway in the race when I started to move forward. The last mile was a blur and I finished pretty strongly.

It was nice that I'd already qualified for Group A of the Peachtree Road Race in last month's Charles Harris 10K, so that took a lot of pressure off.

It was a nice race on a beautiful course and I was glad I did it!

Time: 8:30 a.m.
Temp: 50 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Honolulu Marathon '14 training), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30/A.

No comments: