Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 2,635: Lottery winner! (Marine Corps Marathon)

First thing this morning I got the notification that I was selected in the lottery to run in the Oct. 26 Marine Corps Marathon.

It was the wife's idea to seek out a marathon that wasn't as hot or as crowded as the Dec. 14 Honolulu Marathon.

So I entered the lottery for this one and (still) wasn't sure of the odds that I could get in. As a backup plan, I thought that if I didn't get into this one, I could enter the lottery for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, which began today.

I'm pretty excited, though. The full marathon training program is way crazier than the one that I just spent the last two months doing, logging 360 miles in the process.

When I look back at my training logs for the Chicago Marathon, I mainly see a bunch of 4-mile runs and long runs every 5 days. It's almost like there was no logic with that training. Even with that, I came within 6 minutes of breaking 4 hours.

I don't know how much it will mean if I don't do it, but I think I can do better.






No comments: