Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 2,618: 12-mile run

Today was my last 12-mile run that I will do before the March 23 Publix Georgia Half Marathon. It comes as a relief because it's kind of hard to fit in that kind of run all the time.

Each of my three 12-milers have been on different routes. On Feb. 2 I ran to Decatur and back; on Feb. 16 I ran downtown on the half-marathon course. Today I ran up to Buckhead and back, climbing some serious hills along the way.

It's interesting to me that when I look at a lot of my workout data, I see average pace times of 9:45 or so all the time. I guess that is what I typically will do with my gait.

I felt a little dehydrated near the end of my run and I really wore too many layers even at the start. Hopefully I won't make that mistake next time.

Time: 8:01 a.m.
Temp: 46 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirts, long x2 (Winship 5K, 2008 Atlanta Half Marathon), Nike windbreaker (took off after 1 mile), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30.

No comments: