Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 2,625: 10-mile run

Today was the last double-digit run I will do before the March 23 Publix Georgia Half Marathon. I followed the course from Piedmont Park to the finish.

I plodded around until the turnaround outside Centennial Olympic Park. The way back seemed a breeze, since a lot of it was downtown. I let myself increase my pace for the last five miles. I ran the entire 10 miles just seven minutes slower than I ran the inaugural Atlanta 10-Miler in October.

It's definitely been an interesting several weeks of some of the hardest training I've ever done for a race in my life. I'm hoping that after the half marathon I will be able to keep up the mileage in some way before my marathon training begins in earnest in June.

Time: 9:45 a.m.
Temp: 46 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short (Publix Georgia Half Marathon in Training, 2014), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 30/A.

No comments: