Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 2,655: Entered the lottery for the Paris Marathon!

Today I saw a link on Facebook to a drawing to run in next year's Paris Marathon. So of course I signed up for the drawing!

I have no idea of the odds for this drawing. I've tried twice to enter the lottery for foreigners for the London Marathon but have not been successful.

There's a great recap of the 2013 race by the blogger DC Rainmaker, who I have relied on for Garmin Forerunner reviews in the past. It includes what happens when there are way less porta-potties for 50,000 runners and lots of great pics -- all while running a 3:23 marathon!

In recent days, I've been trying to just keep my mileage up. It took me two days to recover from the Publix Georgia Half Marathon. After that things seemed to have been normal. I've been taking it easy, just mainly enjoying running but still trying to run more than 40 miles a week.

We're doing three 5Ks and the July 4th Peachtree Road Race but it's nice to know that I don't need to worry about any kind of training schedule in earnest until late June when the marathon training will begin.

No comments: