Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 2,660: Pembroke Pines



PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. -- It was fun running along the sidewalk, picking up guardrail caches along the way, until there was no sidewalk.

We flew into Miami for the wife's conference. That left me and the little one free to see the beach ... and get in a run.

At first it wasn't too bad running with no sidewalk. But eventually it got to be too much, so I cut short my plan of running up to 13.4 miles and came back around the perimeter of the park, for a little less than 3 miles.

It was the first time I ran in my Solomon Sense Mantra lightweight trail running shoes. They were intended to replace my everyday walking/caching shoes but when I got them, I realized these are really more like running shoes and less like my heavier Solomon Ultra X3 trail running/hiking shoes. They are excellent for travel and running, though and it is nice to not have to carry a second pair of shoes for as short of a trip as this is.

It was just as well, as when I got back to my car in the park, I realized I left my driver's door and passenger door behind it completely open!

As always, though, it was pretty nice to be running in 70-degree weather in Florida.

Time: 11:46 a.m.
Temp: 77 degrees
Gear: Technical T-shirt, short, shorts, Solomon Sense Mantra.

No comments: