Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 1,153: The agony of de-feet

Today I was pretty well psyched to log another 20-mile run before tapering for the ING Georgia Marathon on March 21.

It was a little cool out but I bundled up well and brought two sticks of Clif Shot Bloks with me, with two packets of Jelly Belly Sport Beans just in case.

The run was pretty good. Right before 5 miles I hit a nice groove and covered more ground in the first hour than I had previously. The second hour seemed pretty good as well -- my half-marathon split time was just under two hours, and this was with the difficult post-Emory hills at the very end.

But as I crossed onto Los Angeles to go into the park, my motivation totally waned. I ended up with a little more than 14 miles for the run, a far cry from 20.

Still I feel like I'll be ok on marathon day. It's a little disappointing that I didn't get there but at the same time I didn't want to really struggle in a training run. My right foot felt a little bruised but that was about it.

I guess we'll see on marathon day.

Time: 9:15 a.m.
Temp: 31 degrees
Gear: Nike windbreaker, CFLST, SST, shorts, running pants, gloves, hat, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: