Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1,156: A new running song

WESTERN SPRINGS, Ill. -- I'd already run on Monday morning before coming to Chicago so I was really thinking I should have brought my shoes anyway when I saw all the snow on the ground and the flat, neatly cleaned sidewalks.

But I was still able to bring some inspiration from the Windy City. One of the things from the city montage while watching the Atlanta Hawks-Chicago Bulls game at the United Center was video of the Chicago Marathon.

And their intro song fits right into running, and poker:
This is 10 percent luck, 20 percent skill/
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will/
Five percent pleasure, 50 percent pain/
And 100 percent reason to remember the name.
-"Remember the Name," Fort Minor
ING Georgia Marathon. Chicago Marathon. Honolulu Marathon.

Remember the name.

No comments: