Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 1,170: The Hammer of Dawn is offline (again)

Got ready for my run today only to discover my GPS watch was completely unresponsive. I've put it in the charger to see if it'll hopefully charge up again. It's kind of a bad time for this to happen, so close to the marathon.

Oh, well. Today I used a combination of the Nike+ iPod sensor and my Palm Pre, which has a JogStats app. I guess my iPod sensor is properly calibrated since both recorded the same distance.

Today I ran from the Virginia-Highland intersection the last bit of the O'Highlands Jig and Jog 5K course, with the missing hill from the race, which was challenging. Then at the end of that race, I just continued back using the Summerfest 5K course (pretty much the reverse of the O'Highlands course). At Los Angeles, I turned right instead of left and headed up the hill to N. Highland Ave., imagining all the while this was the ING Georgia Marathon.

It's funny. I think for me the marathon will be completed for me at this point, a decisive spot not a tenth of a mile away from where I live.

Time: 11:45 a.m.
Temp: 48-51 degrees
Gear: SST (Las Vegas blue), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus+ 26.

No comments: