Saturday, February 6, 2010

CTS 1,133: My GPS watch is dead!

I'm having terrible luck with electronics that relate to running right now. Last month, my second-generation iPod Shuffle died.

This morning I got ready to run before work and discovered that my Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS watch was dead. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my desktop - both my dead iPod and the watch were frequently plugged into the computer to recharge.

Of course it could be because of wear and tear.

So I downloaded the pay version of JogStats to use with my cell phone today, luckily it was at a $1.50 discount from the $4.99 regular price.

It was nice to use but I don't like carrying a cell phone around with me when I'm running. I'm pretty much immediately going to have to buy a new GPS watch, it has been that indispensable.

Stupidly I wore my old D4s because I knew it was going to be a short run. But even for that distance, I could feel the lack of padding on my feet. I'm going to have to discontinue using that shoe, even with a little more than 370 miles of wear.

I'm also finding that being back from Hawaii, I'm not as used to the cold as I used to be. Today for the run I wore a bunch of clothes I wouldn't have earlier.

Time: 9 a.m.
Temp: 40 degrees
Gear: Nike windbreaker, CFLST, SST (Las Vegas blue), hat, Nike Air Pegasus/D4.

No comments: