Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 1,070: In the French Quarter

NEW ORLEANS -- Thanks to some pretty heavy running the last two days I was able to get pretty close to making my weekly mileage goal without having to run far in an unfamiliar place.

My gf and I left the hotel and went down Bourbon Street. I've run in the French Quarter on previous trips and it's a nice place to run. There's something about the narrow streets and neon signs and the history of the French Quarter to really make a run worthwhile.

We cut back along the river and then made our way towards Harrah's New Orleans on the Riverwalk. The Mississippi River is so wide and expressive. So much history here and I get the same sense running here as I have when I have run along side the Mississippi River in Tunica.

Once around Harrah's we cut back along St. Peters and then back to Canal Street to the hotel. It was chilly but the run was definitely worth it.

Time: 8:30 a.m.
Temp: 37 degrees
Gear: North Face windbreaker, CFLST, shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D4.

No comments: