Thursday, December 17, 2009

CTS 1,082: 29 degrees

It was 29 degrees this morning and I sort of didn't want to run. But run we did, and I was pretty happy with how things went.

I didn't have running pants, just wore shorts, and I wore a windbreaker over my regular 40-degree running gear (even wore socks over my hands). But it wasn't too long into the gf's course that I took off the socks and put them in my pockets.

By the second mile, my windbreaker ended up around my waist. I was happy though I had it at the start of the run.

The run felt particularly effortless because we chatted about different things throughout the course. Especially while up the pretty difficult Piedmont hill.

-----------
For the first time in more than a decade, I have my eyes set on two marathons next year -- the Oct. 11 Chicago Marathon and the Dec. 12 (dunno the date yet) Honolulu Marathon.

Back in 2000, when I ran in the Portland Marathon, I wanted to do either Chicago or Portland. I chose Portland because it was close to where I lived at the time.

Right now, especially after I ran the half-marathon distance the other day as a training run, running in a marathon seems crazy and training for it through Atlanta's hot summers would be really difficult. But it would be awesome to do.

Time: 8 a.m.
Temp: 29 degrees
Gear: Nike windbreaker, CFLST, SST (Carolina dk blue), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D5.

No comments: