Thursday, December 3, 2009

CTS 1,068: A half-marathon, for practice

Since last week's Atlanta Half Marathon, my running has been very sluggish. Just as in October's 13.1 Marathon, I found I had very little energy to do longer runs.

Today I was pretty sick of not running very much. Plus my weekly mileage had suffered -- I'd only done about 7 miles the last three days.

So I set off from Virginia-Highland on the last part of the ING Georgia Half-Marathon course with the intent of doing the whole thing.

Luckily, it worked! The result was a pretty pleasant run, although the hills in the first half of the race course were pretty draining.

It would be nice to incorporate some longer runs of 9 miles or more into my training -- I found that, just as in last week's half-marathon, I had little tinges of calf cramping, this time at 10.6 miles on my right leg and at 11 miles on my left.

But overall I was happy to get in a long run again.

Time: 10 a.m.
Temp: 45 degrees
Gear: CFLST (Atlanta Half Marathon '08), SST (Claddaugh 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D5.

No comments: