Monday, December 28, 2009

CTS 1,093: To the movies

I'd been wanting to run to Tara Cinemas for a while to catch a movie -- it's pretty much a straight shot from North Highland to Lenox to Cheshire Bridge road.

So that was my run today -- it's just under 3 miles one way from my place.

It was about 40 degrees and I opted for a short-sleeved T-shirt and shorts. At first my arms were a little cold but I warmed up within 10 minutes.

I thought the way back was going to be heinous -- an "S" curve uphill on Lenox to North Highland but it wasn't bad at all.

Earlier today at Costco I tried on a pair of Adidas running shoes -- they were only about $36. I could have pulled the trigger on them -- at the last moment they felt narrow to my feet and not very cushioned. It was also interesting that in that shoe I wear a size 9 instead of 9.5 or 10 in Nike shoes.

Time: 1:30 p.m.
Temp: 41 degrees
Gear: SST (Carolina, navy), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D5.

No comments: