Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CTS 940: Return to Cherokee Trail

Because I'd logged some great miles the last two days, I decided to give myself a treat and run the Cherokee Trail at Stone Mountain State Park. I had done this once before in April, (CTS 843) and it was pretty hard going.

This time I hoped that the run would be better since I am in much better shape. The good news was that I was able to run much more than I previously was. The bad news is that parts of it still kick my butt!

But it still is a very beautiful run -- you get to run along the shores of lakes and in a nice forest. I saw one friendly doe at the start of the run and by the lake I saw the oddity of four ducks and a turtle hanging out on a branch floating in the lake.

I think next time if it's still this hot I will go shirtless -- not too many people on the trail (I saw 2 the entire time) and my wicking shirt got soaked this time around.

Time: 9 a.m.
Temp: 86 degrees
Gear: CFSST (Charles Harris '09), shorts, Adidas Trail Response
Drink: water, 500mL (consumed)

No comments: