Monday, July 20, 2009

CTS 932: Cooler temperatures, but still need water

It's been pretty cool out since the weekend. I think it'll stay that way at least until the end of the week.

Because of that, I have been pretty lax in getting up early in the morning to run -- today I didn't head out until about 5:30 p.m.

I ran the Middlebear course but because of the lack of humidity I left my bottle of water behind, thinking I would rehydrate at the Candler Market if I needed to. But when I came down the hill, I thought I would be fine.

I probably should have stopped off in Little Five Points for water. But I continued on. The first thing I noticed was that my lips became extremely dry. And then my legs acted like they wanted to cramp up.

So at Buddy's I bought an entire liter of water. And drank the whole thing in the parking lot.

I don't like carrying water because of the weight and the jostling of the belt but I have to make sure I get it somewhere, even though the weather is only in the 80s.

Time: 5:30 p.m.
Temp: 82 degrees
Gear: SST (Braves gray), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D3.

No comments: