Thursday, July 23, 2009

CTS 935: A fresh shirt, like a fresh horse on the Pony Express

Today when I woke up I knew I was going to go long. It had been a month since I had done the 9-mile route that follows the last half of the ING Georgia Half-Marathon and then zips back home using the Cornerstone route's Freedom Park PATH.

I brought a full bottle of Powerade even though I didn't think I would need it. But I'm glad I did. By the 2.6 mile mark I was really dehydrated and thought about not going any farther. But I bought a bottle of water at the CVS on Peachtree and it settled me down.

The hills on the entire route were no problem at all. By the time I reached my office building I was thankful that I left an extra cotton shirt there the other day -- the CFSST was completely soaked. So I went upstairs, changed shirts, left the soaked one there (!) and then got a cup of water and used the facilities before leaving.

And the clean shirt really refreshed me and made me think that I was only doing a 3.5-mile run now.

I ran into Sham going the other way on the PATH.

Time: 7:45 a.m.
Temp: 72 degrees
Gear: CFSST (ING 1/2 marathon-blue), SST (Hillside 5K), shorts, Nike Air Pegasus/D3.
Drink: Powerade, 591mL, water 500mL

No comments: