Monday, March 30, 2009

CTS 820: Sore legs, hike around the mountain, then to the park

Around noon I went with a friend and hiked around Stone Mountain, which was pretty cool. I longed for trail running shoes and would love to be training there in the future.

My legs were a little stiff starting out (and after the car ride home) but I quickly regained my ability to hike.

In the afternoon I met Hal to throw some frisbee golf frisbees in Candler Park (more running) and then ended off the afternoon with my regular run in Piedmont Park. My legs didn't want to agree with me starting out but I knew they would be better later, so I just decided to stick with it.

The run was a little shorter near the end because I wasn't too interested in running.

In the evening I walked about a mile each way to a place for a burrito. Too much walking!

Btw, it turned out I ran the half-marathon better than I thought -- around mile 2 I thought I accidentally turned the GPS watch off instead of hitting "lap" for two-tenths of a mile. But my final time is the same on the Web site as it is on my watch. W00t!

Time: 6 p.m.
Temp: 69 degrees
Gear: SST ('04 Va-Hi Summerfest), shorts, AP/D2.

No comments: