Sunday, March 29, 2009

CTS 819: ING Georgia Half Marathon

I got up super early and had more than an hour to kill at work. But that was fine because the office is right across the street from the starting line.

Early on, I had a great start, really powering up hills and listening to music that helped me move, such as Guns N' Roses. After mile 4 I turned the iPod off to listen to some music being played in the neighborhood and kept it off the rest of the way.

I felt pretty good. At about mile 7.5, which was my neighborhood, I decided to slow up to prepare me for the hills starting at 10th St. and Juniper. It was a good decision.

The hills in between North Avenue and Marietta on Techwood were even more sick. At mile 10 or so I was a little afraid I was going to have a cramp in my leg but it went away. In the last mile the muscle behind my left knee hurt a little bit but it didn't buckle and I was careful with it the rest of the way.

I probably could have run faster had I trained harder -- my longest run in the last two months was 7.5 miles. But no matter. I'm happy to finish my 10th half-marathon.


Time: 7:05 a.m.
Temp: 46 degrees
Gear: LST (Ted's), shorts, AP/D2.

No comments: